Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger Shocker: He Had Baby With Staffer


Just days after announcing their shocking split after 25 years of marriage, new details have emerged about the separation of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver leading the action film star and former governor to acknowledge he had a child with a former member of his house staff.

The LA Times broke the story overnight, reporting that a decade ago Schwarzenegger and a household employee who had worked for his family for 20 years had a baby together. Schwarzenegger confirmed the reporting, issuing a statement saying:

“After leaving the governor’s office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.”

Following the story breaking, Shriver issued a statement, saying: “This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment.”

Shriver and Schwarzenegger announced their split on May 9. In a joint statement issued to the Times, the couple said:

“This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us,” the statement read. “After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart while we work on the future of our relationship. We are continuing to parent our four children together. They are the light and the center of both of our lives. We consider this a private matter and neither we nor any of our friends or family will have further comment. We ask for compassion and respect from the media and the public.”

The couple were married in 1986, and have four children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...