Wednesday, December 14, 2011
10 Tips For Maintaining A Weave
A hair weave requires careful maintenance otherwise; you may spoil it much before its time. You need to be careful right from combing to washing it. Some of the ten common tips you should keep in mind while dealing with weaved hair are as follows:
1. Most often you start to comb from base to the end but to comb weaved hair you should start from the end and then gradually move upwards to the base.
2. Brush before you wash or shampoo your hair and rinse between the tracks to remove the residues.
3. You have to abstain from washing the hair for two weeks to set the weave. Always use mild water while washing the hair, as too hot or too cold water may lock the hair at the base.
4. Avoid using harsh products be it for washing, styling or conditioning.
5. Use of alcohol based product mars sheen of the hair and you should not use them.
6. Ensure professional weaver care and make sure you do not skip regular tightening touch-ups.
7. Use of cotton pillowcases and sheets may adversely affect the shine of your hair so better use a silk or satin scarf to wrap up your hair.
8. During blow-drying, you have to apply higher temperature to straighten and dry the hair. Use variable temperatures for the natural and commercial hairs.
9. If you are on a seaside and wish to swim, either use a swim cap or saturate and rinse the hair by applying a cream rinse before plunging in.
10. While you may undermine the intricacies involved in undoing of the weave, it is better to go for a professional?s hand.
Sometimes, it may happen that you get too busy managing the weave and unconsciously neglect the scalp. An unhealthy scalp may lead to skin irritation and might culminate in various other diseases. Occasionally, an adhesive may not suit your skin so it is good to undergo a test if you are using it for the first time. Dirt, sweat, styling products and natural oils are some of the ingredients that interfere with clean hair condition. You should regularly shampoo and condition the hair to keep it clean. Excessive use of styling products have shown to shorten the longevity of hair extensions as well. Thus, proper care is needed to keep at bay the different types of hair problems associated with hair extensions.
Posted by Sheila at 1:34 PM